Luchemos por la Vida commemorated “World Day of Remembrance for Traffic Victims” 2013 with different activities
On the 3rd Sunday of November, the “World Day of Remembrance for Traffic Victims” was commemorated. Among the activities carried out in Argentina, due to “World Day of Remembrance for Traffic Victims”, Luchemos por la Vida:
- We have sent a letter to all the Argentinian mass media (1400 mass media), that is attached to this e-mail. As a consequence of this, one of the most important newspapers “Crónica”, published on November 18th, a one-page article expanding on our press release, which can be read here: Other articles about this issue were published in different blogs, on line media and the newspapers and Ambito Financiero”, and “Diario Popular”, on November 17th
- More than 1000 certified letters to governors and mayors have been sent reminding commemoration and appealing to their responsibility to reduce traffic casualties in their cities through enforcement on key issues and, especially, promoting the use of helmets by motorcyclists, high-risk population in our country.
- We have sent a letter to Pope Francisco, highest authority of Catholic Church, to promote the day requesting a prayer for the victims and to make believers remember their responsibility in safe driving. He mentioned it during the Sunday Angelus.
- Moreover, as we have been doing for 4 years, we sent a letter to each bishop of the country, to catholic and christian churches and to Ministers from other religions promoting the Day and the commitment of believers.
- Luchemos por la Vida has sent 10.000 posters to every church and parochial school in Argentina. The poster –that is attached to this e-mail- aims to bind christians’ responsibility and involvement in the care of life in streets and roads through a responsible behavior.
- Luchemos por la Vida joined the wake up call aimed at all the society that consisted on the blow of the sirens in fire stations on November, 17th at noon, and participated in a ceremony of commemoration of victims held next to the “Monument for Traffic Victims” in Buenos Aires City.
Bogotá 2348 PB "A" - (1406) BUENOS AIRES - ARGENTINA - Tel: (54-11) 4637-8090 Fax: 4637-7899